Sure you can find an appetite suppressant that will destroy your appetite for a couple days.
You can can order them anywhere, I ordered mine off EBay and had them shipped from China. I waited 1 month for them to arrive and anticipated their arrival. In the mean time I had day dreams of a beautiful thin lean body. My good friend Sarah (who by the way is already thin and hot) had been raving for weeks about the magic of these pills. She sent out rumors that she had witnessed first hand other women who became super hot and thin and all they claimed they ever did was take a miracle weight loss pill. Japan Rapid Weight loss! I did the research, made sure to order the real pills, and waited for them to arrive.
Did the pills work?
Yes, they worked. They killed my appetite. I lost 10 lbs. After that, I couldn't stand taking them anymore. I received them in the middle of last semester. I started them in March. After 3 days of being on them. I lost a couple pounds a day. They made me feel very weird. My vision was constantly blurred. I couldn't concentrate. My mouth was dry. I was very edgy and moody! I definitely could not study for exams in this condition so I quit taking them. I decided to save them for after finals.
After finals, I started taking them again while going to Bikram Yoga. I had gained the 10 lbs that I had lost previously during finals weeks. I tend to carb load when I study and when I get stressed out. So once I began focusing on weight loss again, the 10 lbs was very easy to lose. Then I started working more and stressing out more and stopped taking the weight loss pills because I was tired of being on them. So I stand 5'3 135 lbs now. I don't know what I want to do. I don't want to order anymore weight loss pills.
Right now, having 2 preteens who love candy and junk food, it is really hard to focus on eating healthy. I should be in control of what these kids eat, but nowadays their teachers give them candy, how do you control that?! What can I say, I am inexperienced 26 year old mom of 3. I can barely control what my 1 year old puts in his mouth because his grandparents tend to feed him whatever they want. I decided against obsessing about being a perfect parent and just focusing on keeping the kids happy. I encourage them to eat well, drink lots of water, cut down on candy and engage in fun activities with them as often as possible. I have done art projects with them demonstrating the consequences of bad diet. They don't have a very strong attention span, so when I begin to rant about the scientific effects of bad diet their minds begin to drift away, but I still rant hoping that at least 50% of what I say actually sinks in over time. Engaging and motivating them first hand is the only way they learn so I try to do as much as I can with them even with my busy schedule. However, I have learned to simply allow them to make independant choices on a lot of things, and quit hounding them in hopes that they make good decisions on their own.
It is not easy to reverse a lifetime of bad habits. I rarely have time to cook, so I eat whatever is available. So did the kids, they couldn't reject their mom's cooking! Meats cooked with fat, and vegetable stew made in beef broth that is made with mono sodium glutamate (MSG). The other day I asked my dad to make Pho, he said we have all the ingredients except MSG. I was pretty sure we had a big bag of MSG somewhere since I was positive I vowed NEVER to used it anymore. My dad said, "It's gone". I stopped breating for a few seconds, and then realized that I had been eating MSG all of my life. I don't consider myself very healthy, but I know my dads cooking is delicious. He said, "You guys have been eating MSG all of your lives, do you think my cooking would taste nearly as good without it?" I began to breath again and called my mom up to bring some MSG. I had to cave in because the only thing on my mind was Pho, yummy delicious Pho.
My parents are pretty stubborn so telling them that MSG is very bad for you is like telling them that ghosts don't exist! Impossible when they still have nightmares from being haunted by ghosts while living in concentration camps in Thailand and the jungles of Cambodia.
What I have learned:
It is not worth it to take diet pills that suppress your appetite for a short period of time. Sooner or later, your body will adjust to the pills and it won't work anymore. The side effects that have not been studied will soon hit you when you least expect it and can't do much to reverse the effects. Soon enough you body will begin to crave all of the crap you used to eat. Definitely take things slow. Everything that is done right takes time and patience.
Handling Failure:
I am currently 5'3, 135. I weighed myself after having a bowl of cereal this morning. I would be happy to lose 10 more lbs, but I feel it is taking a toll on my body and sanity to constantly fight to be skinny. I am happy to have been able to work full time and get 17 hours of OT these past weeks. Summer session II will begin again and I will be stressing out, carb loading and no longer have time to prepare my own meals and go to Bikram. Thank goodness I got extra hours from work during my summer break. I had no idea how I was going to come up with summer tuition and books, since I maxed out my financial aid during the year. But, my June paycheck should help make seeing the light at the end of the tunnel a bit easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment