Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day Before Mothers Day :)

I really love being a mother. It truly is the greatest feeling in the world. He is learning how to smile. I would kiss him and he would open his mouth with his big eyes lit up displaying this excitement that makes me melt. He is getting really big, he has doubled in size since the day I brought him home. Herbie loves to play "bouncy baby" and "peek a boo". We recently purchased a really nice swing that plays music and automatically swings back and forth. I am not sure if he likes it as much as his carseat. Ricky has conditioned him to fall asleep in the carseat. I don't really like it, but it works. We found a great deal for the swing at the Pickled Pepper event for $40, along with a few bags of really neat baby toys that were packaged into bags that cost only $3! The swing probably would have cost $200 brand new, and each individual toy could have been $5 to $10 so we saved a lot of money going there.

I have been waiting for this week to come since January. It's been 5 months of very hard work, and hours and hours of studying... now that it is over, it feels so good! I love walking around feeling really confident that I know how to differentiate and integrate various types of functions. I also really enjoyed professor Starks lectures, and studying with Tamara. She will be my new study buddy this summer too. No more stressing out about those classes. And yes, I am crazy enough to take summer classes too! How exciting!

I have been so busy with school and work and my own family that I don't have very much time for my friends. Not that I have many, but the ones who are in my life- I really do cherish. It's a good thing that Jan lives down the street and we are able to have coffee now and again. I don't get to see Anthony anymore, he lives too far, I miss his bear hugs ;) Last night I took a day off from the family to spend with my friend Sharon, the Vivacous Glamazon. We were out for 6 hours, shopping! I found some really cute sandals for $20 that were originally $50 at Guess. I was really happy about that! We also ate lunch at RA, and filled up on sushi during happy hour and our tab turned out to be $23.50! Splitting that tab was awesome! That was so much better than the damage Ricky and I did at Kaizen :( (And I doubt he is ashamed)

I am taking a mini vacation to San Diego with Sharon and we are planning to relax! I can't wait to walk around the gas lamp district and vegetate on the beach. Go shopping in Pacific Beach. We might go to Sea World too if we can find someone to hook us up! We are going to stay with her friend to avoid having to pay for a hotel. I will only be gone for two nights and I will really miss Herbie. But I realize that I won't be able to take vacation like this soon. Once Herbie grows up and begins learning how to express his feelings and notice that I am gone, I won't be able to leave. I didn't really want to go on a vacation without my family, but a little break will actually be good for us.

My first age spot. It's really horrifying. Seriously. I didn't think this day would come so soon! I went to the doctor on campus and had him check out this newly formed age spot on the side of my right cheek. He said it was nothing for me to worry about, just a sign of aging and not using enough sun screen. I also have this mole on my back that has since grown to about 3 mm in length, so I am going to have that removed soon. My doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to have it removed or not, but I don't see a reason to have it continue growing larger on my back.

Yesterday I spent an hour studying the facial moisturizers at Sephora. I can't believe a small bottle of moisturizer costs $40-$100. I don't know if I can justify paying that much for a moisturizer. I decided to try Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer SPF 45 from Walgreens and hope it works. I hope I don't find out that this will clog my pores and have to resort to paying more for the expensive moisturizers.

I really needed a bang trim last week. I thought "how could anyone mess up a simple bang trim?" I usually go to a nice salon where I can guarantee the person working on my hair is a professional, but I thought any person who has a license to cut hair could trim my bangs. Afterall, I couldn't justify paying $40 just to have my bangs trimmed. So I went down the street to a nail salon that advertised haircuts for $9. It was a disaster. The minute she began touching my hair and I noticed her hands trembling. I felt hopeless :( I am determined to find a hair magician and stick to him, and hope he can make this mop like du go away.

My to do list:

Register for classes
Work on being more precise
Go to bed early
Clean my apartment
Fix my bad haircut


Update: Ricky took me to "B&B Ristorante", Mario Batali's restaurant in the Venetian and we had a three course meal with wine pairings. It was great. I will post some photo's up later.

No comments: