Sunday, August 9, 2009

Semester Break at Last!



It is really nice to finally get a break from school. Fall semester starts again end of August so I will have plenty of time to regroup. It took a lot of work and determination to get myself in shape for school. During the break I took after Fall 06, the habits and lifestyle changes really took a toll on my ability to hop back into the swing of a full time course load. I learned it the hard way when I returned to school this past Spring '09. But I am so lucky to have been able to do so. I feel that I am in better shape to tackle the new challenges of my final year in school. However, my goals have once again changed. I am considering pursuing a dual baccalaureate. The first is to complete a Bachelors of Science degree, with an emphasis in Biotechnology. I will be taking so many required Chemistry courses in this degree, that it might make sense for me to also spend an extra semester doing senior research and some senior coursework to finalize a Biochemistry degree as well. I have been learning that I am a lot more interested in Chemistry than I am in Biology so hopefully it works out to my benefit. This way, if I wanted to apply to a graduate school I can choose a Chemistry program rather than a Biology program. (It might not matter)

I have not done very many exciting things other than school this past month. Herbie has grown so big now. He is about 5 months old now. He is a very happy baby and is very loved. I went to a No doubt concert to celebrate the completion of my summer semester. The opening band was Panic at the Disco. My classmate Sarah invited me at last minute and it turned out to be a nice evening. By the end of that night my feet were killing me, but at least Sara had VIP at the Hard Rock Valet, because her husband works there.

I didn't blog for my birthday because it wasn't very exciting. Sarah sent my mother comps to the Prime Rib loft in the Orleans, and Ricky and mom dressed up Herbie in Melly's Hawaiian outfit and met me there for dinner. I could only dine and dash because I had to work that day and study for a midterm the next morning.

As a birthday gift, Ricky gave me funds to join Bikram Yoga. Unfortunately, I only found the time to attend five 90 minute sessions. I have been attending the Green Valley branch. I need to keep going! www.bikramyogagv.com. I might consider switching to a bigger studio on the west side. That way I can get more of my west side friends to join :)

Richard and I saw The Hangover last weekend. It was a pretty degenerate movie, but funny.

To do:

Attend more Bikram
Learn how to cook
(I don't know how I have managed to pay for Himilayan and Nepalese as often as I have this past month. It has been super hard to avoid since I have turned Sarah on to their recession lunchb special. I need to learn how to budget my finances so I don't run into major issues later)

No comments: