Saturday, September 26, 2009

Anticipating her grades for her first exams!


After hours of study, I don't know how I did on my exams.
I think I did well on my Genetics exam, as I focused most on this course. Sarah and I spent a lot of time reading, and rereading the lecture notes, listening to the recordings, and making note cards to quiz each other, so hopefully we managed to get good grades.

The Organic Chemistry exam might not have went as well as I had hoped. After doing all the homework, and going to class everyday, I don't know how I managed to miss important test concepts.
I need to review acid base reactions again and resonance structures! Even after watching and following Steve, I think I froze up on the test. I didn't have time to finish the resonance structure problem in the end. I might have done two :( Alexander gave us some free tutoring and it was very helpful, but for some reason we both felt that Dr. Bhomik was being tricky :) He often jokes about how he is not "tricky" and he merely expects us to really understand the material, but under the time constraints of the exam, I wasn't able to visualize the concepts learned while doing homework at a level to repeat the thinking process on the test. Practice, Practice. Next time.

Anyway, we did have fun doing a purification process called Recrystallization. (Picture above), and got some hiking done at Red Rock :)

No comments: