Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rathany the "Matriarch"

It is pretty funny that I have been referred to this by Ricky and my friend Jan.
Micromanaging 3 kids and the rest of my family both near and far, I think I have earned this title. :)
It's a wonder I don't have time for my friends anymore. Pile on challenging schoolwork and a part time job, I am pretty surprised I am still sane.

It is true, I do have a pretty hectic life dealing with sick and hungry people who are constantly misbehaving and need to be dominated constantly.

Ricky has been battling a pretty bad flu. It started 7 days ago with a very high fever. It has been going still and is barely subsiding. I took him to ER at Sunrise on Friday and to our surprise our student medical doctor happened to be an old friend of a friend from school. After taking 1 lb of blood work, x-rays, swabs, and ekg's they decided to conclude that it was a rare flu virus and sent him home with pain meds and steroids.

I have been working on nipping in butt the "picky eating" syndrome. All of my kids have it and I have been working hard to beat it out of them.
I really hope he gets better soon! His throat really makes him the most pickiest baby of them all!

No comments: