Monday, December 29, 2008

My Spring Schedule

I am on my third trimester of pregnancy. In order to feel productive and insure that I get the best possible prenatal care for Herbie, I decided to take courses again...

So far, Herbie has had excellent prenatal care at the office of Dr. Sara Stevenson. Dr. Sara Stevenson is an excellent OB/GYN, unfortunately, she has moved to Indiana. I really hope the medical staff and doctors at UNLV are at least as compassionate.

Here is my class schedule:

Entomology w/Lab
Ecology
Calculus- Retaking in order to prepare for Calculus based Physics.
An Upper Division Biology Colloquim

As an Integrative Organismal Biology major, it surprises me how little Calculus and Physics I am required to learn. I feel like I wasted a year taking Algebra based physics and struggling with the physics because I was so overwhelmed with the way we had to solve the problems using Algebra. If I had a strong background in Calculus, I would be able to solve physics problems using the math that was originally used to interpret physics concepts. Therefore, even though it is not part of my program, I am choosing to retake Calculus I and II in order to understand physics properly. I am really happy my good friend Jan has encouraged me to make this decision as I am beginning to see why.

How exciting!

After this, I should have 24 more credits to go!

I plan to continue my education in Biology and work on my Masters.
Hopefully I can find employment in California or the East coast where I plan to raise Herbie.

No comments: