Organic chemistry is scary to me. So far, I haven't found it to be that difficult, but perhaps I haven't gotten into the nitty gritty of it all. I have heard too many horror stories so I've been careful not to fall behind. I found Steve from Youtube. I really like him, his instructions are so very clear- just they way it should be explained to someone who has never been exposed to organic chemistry, and doesn't have a very good memory. Professor Bhomik has a very heavy Indian accent and I can't understand his lectures. I tape record them and still can't understand it:( I know he is a very knowlegeable and helpful professor but I needed to find a quick solution to my problem. Steve offers a pay-if-you like lecture/tutor via Youtube. But lives in Berkeley. I would love to visit him before my final :)
I searched Resonance Structures on youtube, and found him. You can reach his videos from him website as well. http://www.freelance-teacher.com/videos.htm, but these are the lecture videos I have been watching. I am now a resonance structure drawing pro :) Thank you Steve! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9AMWGN_pyY&feature=PlayList&p=A0D83886239F1E58&index=0&playnext=1.
It feels just like a classroom when you put Youtube on TV at home.
I can pause, rewind and repeat as many times as I need. It is especially helpful because I can't always be away from home because Herbie has not been able to get accepted into Infant University yet ;-)
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I found him too through resonance hybrids :D And I love him too! Who won't? He is a very good teacher. I have been depressed and wasted a lot of time in studies in last 1 and a half year and I have finals in 6 months...I have too much pressure I don't know if I can make it but I am giving my best.
I Googled freelance teacher and found this and thought I should leave a comment. I would like you talk to you. I hope you reply me.
Post a Comment